I am very proud to announce the release of a new horror-romance novel written by a very dear friend of mine, who goes by the pen name of Erin Kelly, not to be confused with the romance writer of the same name. She is one of my friends that I have met through Karaoke, another one of my interests, which I also share with my wife. I’ve known her about 3 1/2 years, and I’ve attended a few author meetings with her as well. She had one giveaway contest today, and will be giving out more signed copies this week, and promoting its release, which was today 10/25/16.
Her story is set in our hometown of Syracuse, where a virus has caused most of the population to turn into werewolves and vampires. The main character, named Diago, must combat his virus, and try to protect the woman he loves. I haven’t read it yet, but I can’t wait to “sink my teeth into it!” I’m sure I’ll love it, and I bet you will too!
To go to her Facebook page, go to https://www.facebook.com/taintedmoonlight/?fref=ts
Please join me this week for a reblog of an old post on space exploration. Join this interesting series in which I discuss the history of space programs.
The next question is based on the original Star Trek series, so if you’re a Trekkie, it will be right up your alley. In the series:
- What was an important element used to fuel the vessel’s warp drive engines?
- What year was Montgomery Scott(Scotty) born?
- In the episode “The Carbonite Manuever” what is the name of the alien ship which traps the Enterprise in a tractor beam?
- In the episode “The Naked Time” what is causing the crew to grow gradually insane?
- What does Dr, McCoy have trouble with before he arrives on the surface of the planet Ekos in the “Patterns of Force” episode?
- William Marshall plays Dr. Richard Daystrom, who designs a computer capable of making humanoid decisions. He is also famous for a two part movie series, which he has the title role. What is it?
- In the episode “Mirror, Mirror” what distinguishable feature does Spock have that he doesn’t have in other episodes?
- In the episode “Arena”, my fav, what alien presence claims that the Gorns and humans are the real invaders?
- What invention does Kirk make in the episode to use to injure the Gorn?
If you missed a week’s questions, that’s all right. Remember, it’s for the most answers right, not every one. Good luck, everyone!
Please join me this week for a reblog of one of my previous topics: MARTIAN HISTORY.
We have a correct answer on the last question, so it’s time to move on. The next question is from sci-fi cinema, and has to do with the Alien series. In the original alien movie:
A. What year was it released?
B. Name at least three of the actors who were in it.
C. What Academy Award did it receive?
In the second movie, Aliens:
D. Who was the director?
E. What was the android’s name?
F. What was the name of the exomoon that was colonized?
G. What name is given to baby aliens after they hatch?
H. Who composed the music?
Please join me this week on my blog for a re-post of an old topic from June 8, 2014.
QUESTION OT THE WEEK NO. 3-
This week’s question can be found on my blog if you know the right place to look. This is the third round of my x-mas blog contest for a chance to win my entire book collection. So far, we have a forerunner who answered both questions correctly.
A.) What year was Jules Verne born?
B.) Where was he born?
C.) What were his siblings’ names?
D.) What science fiction novel was written by Edgar Rice Burroughs in 1911, and is the first in the Barsoom series?
E.) Robert Anson Heinlein has been called what name by his colleagues?
F.) What award has he won four times?
G.) What is one of the science fiction novels is he most famous for?
I will post the answers next Monday. Good luck everyone!
Please join me Tuesday on my blog, when we’ll look at our last installment of my Freaks of Nature series, and look at some animals that seem like they are truly out of this world, but are actually real life creatures.
JOIN THE COLORING FUN WITH THIS NEW ANIMAL STORYBOOK ABOUT LIFE’S LESSONS! ONLY $5.99!
*NOT AVAILABLE IN KINDLE